Winning Souls to Christ
Winning souls to Christ is one of the most important duties of a Christian. Measuring how many people are saved is not our duty, however, preaching the gospel is. People need to hear the truth of Gods Word to plant the seed of faith in their hearts. The more they hear Gods Word, the more they will understand and yearn for His presence in their lives.
History shows us that entire great nations have fallen due to specific things our nation is emulating. This is dangerous ground for us being our nation was established on Christian principles. Our nation has been richly blessed as we followed Gods Word to preach the His Gospel for the Winning Souls to Christ. However, recent history shows our nation’s lack of prudence to preach Gods Word is changing our nation, and NOT for the better.
Will History Repeat?
One of the most widely read books of all time is “The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.” Written in 1788 by Edward Gibbon it sets forth five basic reasons why that great civilization withered and died.
The Five Reasons Were:
1. The undermining of the dignity and sanctity of the home, which is the basic for human society.
2. Higher and higher taxes; the spending of public money for free bread and circuses for the populace.
3. The mad craze for pleasure; sports becoming every year more exciting, more brutal, more immoral.
4. Building of great armaments when the real enemy was within the decay of individual responsibility.
5. The decay of religion; faith fading the mere form, losing touch with life, losing power to guide the people.
The oft-heard warning that “history repeats itself” has an ominous meaning in the light of the above. (Firm foundation, July 1971)
How Would You Attempt Winning Souls to Christ?
A critic once told Charles Alexander, “I don’t like the way you do personal work.” Alexander, a well-known preacher, replied, “Neither do I. Tell me, how do you do it?” Rather ashamed that he brought the subject up the critic admitted that he didn’t do much of it. Then Alexander observed, “I still like the way I do it better than the way you don’t.
Method is not the greatest problem we face in doing personal work. A far greater problem is timidity. We use as our excuse the fact we don’t have much confidence in our ability or our method. However, if the truth were known, our “hang up” is that we are so afraid of “offending sinners,” that we would rather see them lost and going to hell than to make them mad at us. In doing personal work, all a person needs is a little common sense, a knowledge of God’s will, and a determination to do all he can to save souls. A good way to start is in reading and studying the 8th chapter of Acts. Preaching Christ brings results! Try it.
Sharing the Gospel and Winning Souls to Christ as Christ Himself commanded us to do is our duty. Each of us has our own stories of how we became Christians that we can share. There are pamphlets in the library that you can share. There is even a guide on our website to teach or print and pass around on becoming a Christian. It is located on the Home Page at the Life Saver ICON. “Saved-Becoming a Christian.” Click on it and the document will open in a PDF. You can download or print from there.
If you are unsure about speaking to someone about salvation, invite them to our Ridgeway Church of Christ services and introduce them to one of the Elders, Deacons or teachers.
In Christian Love,
Bill Arnold, Minister
Ridgeway Church of Christ
YOU MUST DO THESE THINGS to Become a Christian
Becoming a Christian, Saved, Born Again, In Christ, or becoming a new creature all talk about salvation.
1) You must believe and confess that Jesus is the son of God. John 8:24 Jesus said you must believe that He is the Christ the Son of the living God. Matthew 10:32-33, Acts 8:36-37 further tells us to confess that Jesus is God’s son.
2) Luke 13:3 Jesus said you must repent of your sins.
3) Mark 16:16 Jesus said you must be baptized.
4) Live faithfully unto death. 1 John 1:2
Therefore, as a new creature, a Christian, we will live faithfully unto death and then arise to live forever with God. In conclusion, this is the God who loves you, who wants you to be his child. You can become the child of a King!
Won’t you heed His word?